One ticket – and all of South Tyrol at your doorstep
Südtirol Passes are personalised, annual electronic tickets (smart cards) that can be used on all means of public transport across all of South Tyrol. The idea is simple: The more kilometres you travel throughout one year, the cheaper each new journey gets.
Fares are calculated per journey and automatically charged whenever you use your pass. You can either pay by direct debit from your bank account (post-paid ticket version) or top up your pass with credit and pay as you go (pre-paid ticket version).
Convenient and flexible – use your Südtirol Pass:
- throughout the entire südtirolmobil network and on regional trains all the way to Trento,
- on cross-border train services (Brennero/Brenner – Innsbruck and San Candido/Innichen or Versciaco/Vierschach – Lienz) at the official VVT / ÖBB rate. If you have an ÖBB-Vorteilscard, simply register it in your user account to claim your discount;
- to pay for transporting your bike,
- to pay for transporting a pet and
- to travel on Nightliner bus services.
Please note that Südtirol Passes are not valid on long-distance or high-speed rail services (EC, Freccia, Italo, Railjet etc.).
If you are a resident of the European Union or Switzerland or if you work or study in South Tyrol, you can apply for your Südtirol Pass online provided that you have an Italian tax ID (codice fiscale/Steuernummer).
Minors (including those who not live or study in South Tyrol) are eligible for a discounted Südtirol Pass.
Card-issue fee: 20 EUR
The cost of a bus or train ride is calculated on the basis of how many kilometres you have accumulated and which one out of five price categories applies: the more you travel, the lower the fare per kilometre in your price category. In other words, as the year passes and you collect mileage, your journeys gradually become cheaper. After a full year has passed since you first activated your Südtirol Pass, the clock is reset and you start off once again with the first-level price category.
This is how your fare is calculated:
|Price category||Fare per km|
|1||1 – 1000 km||12 cents|
|2||1001 – 2000 km||8 cents|
|3||2001 – 10,000 km||3 cents|
|4||10,001 – 20,000 km||2 cents|
|5||from 20,001 km||0 cents|
|Maximum amount per year||640 EUR|
The minimum fare per journey is equal to 10 km in your respective price category. For connecting bus journeys in all of South Tyrol except Bolzano/Bozen and Merano/Meran, a minimum fare (5 km in your respective price category) will be charged.
Citybus services and urban buses in Bolzano/Bozen and Merano/Meran: All journeys within 60 minutes made in the same fare zone are charged as a single journey.
Maximum amount per day: 15 EUR. All fares per day are capped at 15 EUR, meaning that however many journeys you make in one day, you won't pay more than the price of a Mobilcard. Additional charges apply for cross-border train services (Brennero/Brenner – Innsbruck and San Candido/Innichen – Lienz), Nightliner bus journeys and if you're travelling with pets or a bike.
To order your Südtirol Pass online, you will need to provide:
- details of the person applying,
- an Italian tax ID (codice fiscale/Steuernummer)*
- a digital copy or photo of your ID or passport,
- your bank details (IBAN, BIC/Swift code, bank name and branch), if you would like to pay by direct debit.
*If you do not already have an Italian tax ID (codice fiscale/Steuernummer), you can apply for one at the Italian revenue agency (Agenzia delle Entrate/Agentur der Einnahmen).
You can also use digital access keys when applying for your Südtirol Pass online: either through SPID (Sistema Pubblico di Identità Digitale) or using your Carta dei Servizi/Bürgerkarte pass and reader. Please note that once you have opted for one of these methods, all future access will have to be made using a digital access key.
When ordering your Südtirol Pass, please let us know if you would prefer to receive information by e-mail or text message (SMS) and how you would like to pay. The most convenient option is our post-paid system, where all charges are debited from your account via SEPA Direct Debit. Also available: the Südtirol Pass pre-paid system that you top up or "re-fill" regularly.
Once you've successfully ordered your Südtirol Pass, it will be mailed to you together with information on how to activate and use it.
When you apply for your pass, we recommend setting up a personalised, online user account. Having your own account allows you to make the most of everything your Südtirol Pass has to offer: All of our digital services can be processed through the Südtirol Pass portal, plus you can keep track of all your bus and train journeys, your mileage, your current fare price category, any top-up payments you have made and all received invoices. If you've been charged wrongly or if your journeys are not documented correctly, you can let us know and we will resolve the issue.
There is a 20 EUR fee when your Südtirol Pass is first issued. This one-time charge can be paid:
- by credit card or pagoPA while applying online (charges may apply),
- at any authorised südtirolmobil sales point upon activating and topping up your new Südtirol Pass,
- together with your first invoice (if you use our post-paid system and SEPA Direct Debit) or
- online and in advance by credit card or SEPA Direct Debit (from your bank account) if you are not a resident of Italy or if your Südtirol Pass is sent abroad.
Once you've successfully ordered your Südtirol Pass online, it will be mailed to you and you will need to activate it:
- online through your user account and with the number printed on your Südtirol Pass,
- at any authorised südtirolmobil ticket counter or sales point or
- through our public mobility call centre on +39 0471 220 880 (Mon-Fri 9:00-13:00 and 14:00-18:00) using your Italian tax ID (codice fiscale/Steuernummer) and the number printed on your Südtirol Pass.
Please note that it may take a few hours for the system to process your activation and your Südtirol Pass to be ready to use.
How to top up a pre-paid Südtirol Pass:
- by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) or pagoPA through your online user account or online banking (authorised banks only),
- at any authorised südtirolmobil ticket counter or sales point that offers top-up services,
- at any ticket machine and
- on board any regional bus service. Please note that in the latter case, it may take a few days for your credit to show in your account. In the meantime, you can continue using your Südtirol Pass.
Minimum amount for top-ups: 20 EUR.
Minimum required credit: 10 EUR. If your remaining credit is less than 10 EUR, a warning will be displayed when you use your pass to indicate that your credit is running out.
Negative balance: If your credit goes below 0 EUR, you will no longer be able to top up your Südtirol Pass on the bus. In that case, the top-up must be worth 30 EUR or more (10 EUR for the minimum credit required plus 20 EUR for the minimum amount for top-ups).
Your Südtirol Pass is valid for one year from the day on which you first activate it. After a full year has passed, it is automatically extended for another year starting from the day on which you use it again: The clock and your mileage is automatically reset, meaning that you start off once again with the first-level price category.
If you do not use your Südtirol Pass for two years in a row, it will be automatically deactivated once the second year has passed.
If you are a Südtirol Pass holder and the legal guardian or parent of a minor, you are entitled to a number of discounts. Simply apply for a Euregio Family Pass online. The new ticket will be issued free of charge and sent to you by mail. Your old Südtirol Pass will be deactivated and all your data, mileage, leftover credit etc. will be automatically transferred to your new ticket.
If your Südtirol Pass is lost, stolen or damaged, you can order a replacement at the price of 20 EUR:
- online through your user account,
- at any südtirolmobil ticket counter or sales point or
- through our public mobility call centre on +39 0471 220 880 (Mon-Fri: 9:00-13:00 and 14:00-18:00).
Please note that once your order is submitted, it can no longer be cancelled.
If your Südtirol Pass is not visibly damaged but worn out and/or no longer functional due to a defect, you can order a replacement from any südtirolmobil ticket office free of charge.