Good for the environment: travel by bus, train and bike
On holiday in South Tyrol? Sit back and let us drive you.
Our trains, buses and several cable cars will take you (almost) anywhere – so you can relax and explore the rest of the landscape and culture on two wheels. Plus, a range of all-inclusive tickets offer convenient ways to use public transport as it best suits your plans and combine exciting excursions with unbeatable deals.
Please note: According to Covid-19 protection regulations, public transport passengers are currently required to wear an FFP2 mask.
- All means of public transport in South Tyrol are part of the südtirolmobil network. That includes urban buses, regional and Citybus services, regional trains, the cable-cars to and from Renon/Ritten, Colle/Kohlern, Meltina/Mölten, Verano/Vöran and Maranza/Meransen, the Renon/Ritten light railway, the Mendola/Mendel funicular and regional as well as regional express trains all the way to Trento.
- Tickets are either contactless or issued in the form of a magnetic stripe card. All tickets must be checked in at the start of each journey in order to be validated.
- Children up to the age of six travel for free and do not need a ticket.
- Luggage is transported free of charge.
- Taking your bike onto public transport is subject to a fee: Day passes for bicycle transport cost EUR 7. On regional trains, bikes can be carried in designated compartments as long as space is available. Only a very limited amount of bicycles can be transported on some regional bus routes; buses that can carry bikes are marked accordingly in the timetables. For cable-car journeys to and from Colle/Kohlern, Meltina/Mölten, Verano/Vöran and Maranza/Meransen, separate tickets must be purchased to transport bicycles.
- Travelling with a pet: Guide dogs and small animals travel free of charge. A single-fare ticket or a Mobilcard Junior (day pass or multi-day pass) is required to transport medium-sized and large pets. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times and wear a muzzle on all means of public transport. A separate ticket must be purchased to transport pets on some cable-cars.