Great news: our brand-new season ticket for your time back home
Tailor-made for students under the age of 28 who spend their summers in South Tyrol: Summer abo+ tickets are the perfect partner for both leisure activities and those with a summer-time job.
Unlimited use of all public transport in South Tyrol during all of June, July, August and September – at just EUR 75.
So what’s special about Summer abo+ subscriptions? A Summer abo+ is not a ticket in and of itself, but an add-on package with a four-month validity that can be integrated into your Südtirol Pass, Euregio Family Pass or standard abo+ subscription.
The following options are available:
- Newly-issued Summer abo+ tickets: From a technical point of view, your Summer abo+ ticket is issued in the shape and style of a Südtirol Pass with an already activated additional subscription. A one-time charge of EUR 20 applies. The option to pay for additional services, too, is already activated: That way, you can conveniently use your Summer abo+ ticket to pay for transporting your bicycle or pet and for journeys on Nightliner buses or cross-border train services to Innsbruck or Lienz. This means that whenever you travel on a Summer abo+ subscription, you must check in and validate your ticket in the same way you’d use a standard Südtirol Pass.
Once the subscription expires, i.e. from 01 October of each year, you can continue using your ticket just like a Südtirol Pass, if you wish to do so. Payment options include our pre-paid system that can be topped up or “re-filled” as you go and SEPA Direct Debit from your bank account.
In your user account, you can reactivate your Summer abo+ subscription for each season for as long as you meet the requirements.
- Turning your Südtirol Pass abo+ into a seasonal subscription: If you already have a Südtirol Pass abo+ and only need a ticket in the summer months, you can – in your user account – activate the Summer abo+ subscription as an add-on package that expires after four months. Once the subscription fee has been paid (EUR 75), the ticket will be valid during June, July, August and September of that year.
Please note that you must validate and use your Summer abo+ subscription ticket just like a Südtirol Pass – even if your original ticket is a standard abo+ subscription.
If you’d like to extend its validity to the rest of the year, i.e. convert it into a normal Südtirol Pass abo+, you can do so at any time by simply paying the full annual fee of (EUR 150).
- Integrating a Summer abo+ into an existing Südtirol Pass or Euregio Family Pass: Summer abo+ subscriptions can be integrated into any existing Südtirol Pass or Euregio Family Pass as an add-on. The only requirement: The ticket holder must be under the age of 28 and actively enrolled at a higher education institution.
From 01 June to 30 September, the subscription includes an unlimited number of journeys at only EUR 75.
The process to validate and use the ticket is the same as with a Südtirol Pass or Euregio Family Pass.
Anyone under the age of 28 who is enrolled at a university in Italy or abroad, at a college or equivalent higher education institution can apply for a Summer abo+ subscription and travel with a maximum of flexibility throughout all of South Tyrol during the summer months. You will also need an Italian tax ID (codice fiscale/Steuernummer).
Applications and renewals can be submitted online every year from 01 May through this website.
Those who already have a Südtirol Pass abo+, a Südtirol Pass or a Euregio Family Pass or have in the past had one will not need to re-enter their personal data.
If your Summer abo+ ticket is issued for the first time, it will be sent by post to the address provided in your application: You can have it mailed to a südtirolmobil ticket office, your home address in South Tyrol or to the address at which you live in your place of study (only within Europe).
The subscription fee (EUR 75) and, if applicable, the issue-fee (EUR 20) can be paid for using any of the following options:
- during the application process: by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) or pagoPA (may be subject to fees);
- at a later stage: by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) or pagoPA (may be subject to fees) through your user account or using online banking (authorised banks only);
- in person at any authorised südtirolmobil ticket counter.
For technical reasons, whenever you are travelling on a Summer abo+ subscription, you must validate your ticket as if it were a Südtirol Pass – regardless of what your original ticket is. Why? Because from a technical point of view, Summer abo+ subscriptions are payable add-on packages that are integrated into an existing Südtirol Pass, Euregio Family Pass or standard abo+ subscription.
Summer abo+ tickets are valid from 01 June until 30 September of each year. During this four-month period, ticket holders can make any number of journeys by public transport – for a flat fee of only EUR 75. The option to pay for additional services makes it easy and convenient to pay for transporting a bicycle or pet, for travelling on Nightliner buses or for cross-border train services to Innsbruck or Lienz.
Applications and renewals can be submitted online every year from 01 May by anyone under the age of 28 who is enrolled at a university, college or equivalent higher education institution.